Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Dining and Dashing

Saturday was our churches dine and dash. I organized this with the help of a wonderful lady in our church. We do this every year, and its FUN! Normally it goes without a hitch, this one kept me up the night before. If your not familiar with dine and dash, I'll attempt at a brief description. Different couples sign up and offer to host an appetizer a dinner or a dessert. Each of these meals are at different addresses and the group that you eat with is a different group for each one. The host does not who is coming, only the amount of people to prepare for. You ONLY know where you are going, not who you will be eating with. Its a great way to meet people or re-connect with others. To bring a large congregation together (If your interested in organizing one e-mail me, I can send you all the tips and how to do this. I cannot promise you that everything will go without a hitch, but people will love it).

This year we had two couple have to cancel last minute, thankfully me and the other lady who organized did not sign up to host anything, so we both hosted last minute. Big plans over here for taking pictures of the desserts I made, the table I laid out, the wine that was chilled and ready to serve, the candles that were flickering.... I forgot in my panic to clean a messy house last minute. I'm bad with stuff like that....

It would appear that I'm also bad at cleaning faces and doing hair BEFORE I take pictures



Sigh.....we also make the kids work around here...



see...Jacob even has "work" boots...in which when he is not working he stores all his trains and carries it along to the grocery store...





Here's to remembering to wash faces, do hair and THEN taking pictures...

3 comments:

  1. linds i love pictures of my kids with messy hair, dirty clothes and left over ketchup on their faces, you know why? because they are kids...and a dirty day = a good day!!it only means one thing.....hard at play!
    steff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dine and dash...never heard of it! Sounds great. Your babies are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steff - I love the signs of kids being hard at play as well:)

    Grace - thanks, they are precious! and dine and dash, one of the best church events we've ever done. Its becoming a highlight for the congregation every year!

    ReplyDelete