Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Beauty in Time

There is something beautiful about looking back in time. Seeing families grow, children change, parents embracing the joys of becoming grandparents, the first time and then for the sixth or seventh time. I get a bit impatient when I hear people complaining about ageing. Worrying about wrinkles and grey hair. Although, as I have been wisely told, its easy for me to think like that as I have 5 more years before turning 30. Perhaps I feel this way because my husband is 7 years older. I'm not naive, I'm sure I'll a hit a birthday some day where I struggle with these feelings. Time does perhaps do negative things to our worldly views of what we should look like. The world is constantly fighting with the signs of aging. The proof is in any cosmetic store, magazine, tv. But the Bible shows the beauty of embracing this time, our faith has time to grow, our ability to wisely hold our tongues grows (hopefully :), being able to understand that different parenting styles are okay that we are not all the same even though we study the same WORD. That God has created us unique and special. I want to remember these things and to embrace each year instead of dreading it.



Our attempt at a family picture. I a laugh remembering how many pictures it took for us to get one where we were all looking at our camera. It was our last attempt at a family picture done by us.



This was holiday celebrating my parents 30th anniversary.



There are so many pictures that show what happens when time passes. I pray that I remember this when I do face the temptation to struggle with a gift that God has given us. A chance to grow in HIM, to grow as a wife and as a daughter, friend and mother. To love the time He has given us.



Its my mother-in-law's 60th birthday today! A beautiful testimony of what the LORD can do with 60 years. Wishing you a wonderful day Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Linds, each year is a gift, and each gift is precious!! God makes everything beautiful in His time.... Throw out the magazines, and ditch the world-view on ageing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Lindsey - and a beautiful word to your mother in law as well! congratulations Mrs. Seiders!

    ReplyDelete