Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letters and Animals

In the last several weeks Drew and I have celebrated 5 wonderful years of marriage, have attended three one year old birthday parties, one family reunion, on Grandma's 90th birthday and I've lost count of all the hamburgers eaten at bbq's. Kaylin has learned to write her name, we've petted animals at the zoo and came to understand that the lions are rather boring and the monkeys are much more fun. Kaylin has changed her mind about having another "Jacob" she has put in a request for a girl, because girls "are better" and "don't break so much stuff". She's discovered that my stomach is growing rapidly and wonders if it will be as big as Aunt Erika's, who is ready to have her baby any day now. And school has started. The first year this doesn't affect us as I am not teaching piano this year. I wonder how I possibly would have been able to and am more thankful for the decision that was made in which I agonized over for weeks.

I sat beside Kaylin, showed her these letters twice, and she copied her name. 20 minutes of time set aside and she's writing it everywhere, with no help. Shame on me for not doing this sooner.



My mother-in-law took me and the kids to a zoo. What fun! To watch the animals through children's eyes. Kaylin's favorite part, a ride on the pony.



The day ended with time well spent at the splash pad, Jacob's favorite. And he fell asleep on me after, my highlight as this never happens with this little boy who never stops:)

No comments:

Post a Comment