Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Back to Reality

Reality is here. Drew's back at work, the kids are back to their normal routine, though somewhat grumpy for it.  We made the trek across the border to enjoy the wilderness of Allegany State Park, a week with no indoor plumbing, no computers, no phones, no tv, no noise.  Actually there was noise, but a different noise.  A noise of kids running and playing, and crying, the noise of parents calling to their kids, a restful noise of wind and trees and the smell of fresh air.  I love spending time in the woods, its a time for me to take a break and step back.  It shifts my perspective.  The home that we left was beginning to feel cramped, the parts that were still undone were bothering me.  I came home to a home that felt cozy and comfortable.  A home that offered all the comforts that I did miss when we gone and I was thankful. Content. Thankful for what I had after a week of doing without. 




 A week away is a blessing.  Time spent with family, cousins playing and finding toads beside the cabins.

Catching a ride in the back of Opa's truck.


Trying to get a brother/sister pose,  they were in no mood for hugging, or standing close.


Rides on Daddy's shoulders.


An attempt of a mother/children picture.  Jacob's face kills me!


Seeing creation through the eyes of kids.








Time to run and catch bubbles.


Attempt no. 1 at riding a big girl bike (training wheels are back on, she was rather mad that she couldn't do it after the first day and we decided to just let her have fun on the bike).


.

It was fun.  I feel refreshed and motivated to simplify life.  I'm in the midst of attacking closets and kids toys, and when I came back I discovered that I won coconut oil from LeAnna.  I'm quite passionate about the uses of coconut oil so I'm excited to replenish my cupboard.  LeAnna is the blogger of Thoughts and Whatnots and wrote some great tips about some benefits/uses, you should check it out!  


Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun week!!!! We loved our state park trip but you are braver than us...not indoor plumbing! Eek!

    ReplyDelete