Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Here's to the next 6 babe!



6 years has gone by and yet I remember the day perfectly. I was nervous, I was stepping into a world unknown. 20 years old and not realizing how much learning I had before me. Going from living at home to living with my husband.

I remember being so nervous on the way to the church, I was shaking. And then when the doors opened and I saw Drew standing at the front the nervousness faded and I was happy, so happy.



The wedding night we spent at our house, the week before Drew had gotten an excavator and we were working on redoing the backyard. I remember walking along planks of wood to get to the door, in my wedding dress, laughing cause the guys had thought to do this so I wouldn't have to step in the mud. Our little white house that needed so much work and TLC. Theres something special about that first place. First weeks spent together, first fights as a married couple. First attempts at cooking for a husband. Adding two chili peppers to a meal instead of the recommended one (cause they were small??) we ate a lot of last minute fast food to cover up my new cooking. I remember finding the most difficult part of being married was not having my own space, learning how to live with eachother. When to talk and when to be silent and just be there.



i love being married to this man. This man who leads and loves me, who sees my weaknesses and struggles. I have no regrets of being married young. This is the path the LORD had prepared for me. I pray that the next 6 years are as full and blessed as the last 6. I pray that we will continue to grow in our love and that HE will remain the centre of our marriage. That despite the business of raising children that we will remember that first we were husband and wife. And that we will work through the challenges that come our way, that we continue to rely on the ONE who has created us.



Col 3:12-15

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."




2 comments:

  1. The thing I remember most about that day was how little you were concerned about the wedding, but so excited to be married, so excited to be Drew's wife. God picked you out for each other, and it's amazing how well suited you have always been for each other, and how well you've grown together! So thankful for you both...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! May God bless you with many more...love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete