Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Randomness

We had a good weekend, actually it was SLOW! Drew and I went out for dinner Friday night and splurged, it was AWESOME. Saturday we puttered around the house, dug out some weeds that were becoming tree-like. I watched as he cut down a tree. And laughed as Jacob and Kaylin dragged branches across the yard. It was after bath-time and they dressed themselves. Can you tell:)




I've decided that fashion is futile. You see, a couple of weeks ago I went shopping. I came home with LEGGINGS and a TOP. I was excited...three kids born in 4 years does something awful to your wardrobe. Seriously awful. But I was basking in a moment of being fashionable, plopped on the couch still sighing in bliss. Saw a commercial for Old Navy.......the bliss turned to outrage. The jeans that appeared before me are similar to ones that I had thrown on my bed last week in a moment of frustration at them all being out of style???.....Drew had the nerve to laugh outloud.....grrrrrrrr



I love driving in the country. A close friend lives about 50 mins away. I went this morning to see her and have a coffee so me and the kids jumped in the van. I love driving with the kids, it makes for great talks! About the forest we drove by....and that no giraffes do not live in there, nope not lions either. No tigers...but yes there are chipmunks and raccoons and deer. Nope, no elephants, no dragons and no monkeys. But yes...God did make this forest even if He forgot to add the exciting animals.



Here's to car rides and interesting conversations! and now I'm off for a getting in shape session with Jillian Michaels...




3 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to go out for your anniversary! I've found the other thing about fashion is the materials are often not mom friendly...of spit up or spilled food or snotty noses:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last comment doesn't make sense I meant "for" spit up or spilled food or snotty noses:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I understand, and i completely agree!

    ReplyDelete