Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cupcakes and Outings

We've jumped into school with both foot and have landed after a rather shaky start. No longer is it SCHOOL but simply, school.  Another part of the week.  A happy part, for which I am very thankful.  The trauma that the bus caused seems to have died down. Although I do drive in the mornings, in the afternoon the bus is used.  A win-win for us, the anxiety of going to school is removed and in the afternoon she walks with her friends and gets on the bus without a worry.  I'm finding drawings of little girls, some with straight hair, some with curly or long or short jumping on and off the bus.  With little faces squished into the windows all waving and smiling.  This picture has made its way into my Bible and makes my momma heart happy.  I'll share, I promise, once I figure out my scanner. 

We baked cupcakes last week for school, an incentive for students who met their book-reading goals.  I'm rather enjoying being a school mom.


I spent some time a few weeks ago with my newest niece, a niece whose dark dark eyes reminded me so much of Kaylin's when she was a baby.  Holding a newborn will never cease to amaze me.  Their precious little bodies, their intent gazes, the smell of baby.



There was a girls night squished in there somewhere.  Where Drew came home and took charge of the dinner hour and I went out.  Lingering over a dinner with good conversation and no interruptions.  My favorite part of going out, the way the kids run to me before I leave for just "one more hug".  I was reminded that even though it can be difficult to arrange, it really is important to get away, even for just a few hours.  And that it had been far to long since I have done so.


The girls night was nothing fancy, just a simple dinner, followed by browsing through a book shop and then ending with coffee.  And in its simplicity it was perfectly wonderful.




Jacob asked me yesterday why Maddie had blue eyes when we were "obviously a brown family". It took me a moment to explain and before I had a chance he peered in my eyes and shouted, "hey!  you have blue eyes too".  And unlike him, this little one notices everything and everybody.


And with that I must go and tend to the children that are tumbling out of their rooms.  I'm being reminded that I can only stretch this quiet time so long, and so,

Adios!

Lindsey


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cupcakes and beautiful mamma! I absolutely love the pics of you with the kiddos - and they will too! Giving our kids the gift of us in front of the camera is something they will treasure in the future :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete