Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Back to Life

Hi friends!  I'm happy to say that we've hit the second part of pregnancy and life seems to be getting back together.  As I told hubby on Sunday, "I'm BAAACCCK".  He raised his eyebrows and gave me a we''ll see kinda look.  Life at home has been forced to hit a bit of  standstill the past 10 weeks, and in that time only the necessities of children-raising were being focused on, and the laundry.  And that not quite as effective as normal.  Meaning there was an awful lot of baskets that never even made it back into the drawers folded....

Now that the morning coffee has been brought back into my life and my breakfasts and lunches stay where they ought to, life can more ahead at full steam. I've come to appreciate how energy and food have such an impact on our lives.

The first thing to change was to set the kids right, our conversation yesterday morning went something like this.

Our alarm had yet to go off and I was in the midst of the "it canNOT be morning yet, I just fell asleep, poor me," stage and there were two kids standing beside me.  The third was not, simply because we have yet been brave enough to move that little girl to a big bed.  These days I'm all about confinement:) 

"I'm hungry, I want breakfast, NOW" they demanded.

I jumped out of bed, said "Absolutely NOT, Mommy is BACK and you guys go to your rooms, get dressed and wait patiently for me to call you.  And I will call you when Mommy is ready to have three hungry animals stampede into my kitchen...."

And they did, and it was a very beautiful moment when Drew looked at me and smiled.  He didn't have to say it, I knew....Mommy is back and life will go on as usual.

And the past 10 weeks of life standing-still, we're good with that.  In the big scheme of things its only a short time and it will happen again, post-baby.  The trick is knowing when it has come to and end and knowing when to gear back up and re-appear into this life of motherhood, full steam ahead.

I'll be back later this week, but for now I have a house (and kids and dog) that needs to be put back in order:) 

And now for two pictures, brought to you by iphone.  I'm in love....oh and we're renovating our basement, Drew has a very serious helper who is determined to start work in the near future.



5 comments:

  1. Linds,
    I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better! All the best in the coming weeks :-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better and getting back to your normal routine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy for you that you're feeling better! Those days can seem like they go on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are better!!!! That first trimester is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Doesn't it feel amazing? Praying this is a great trimester for you, and the kiddos adjust back to normal, and your basement goes quickly :) Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete