Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday to ME!



A week ago (give and take) I turned 26. Since then I have made 4 attempts to post (unsuccessfully) and the only reason I'm able to do so now is because I caved and am letting the kids watch tv. I had a wonderful day, spoiled rotten, phone calls and cards, homemade raisin bread, dutch waffle cookies, new pots and pans and money to go shopping with. Its fun having a birthday with kids to help celebrate, their eager faces beaming at me before I even had a chance to open my eyes. I had full intentions about posting deeply into my birthday but the moment has passed with the 4 failed attempts and its time to move on. I love birthdays, I love the time to look back and see how one grows in faith, in motherhood and in wifehood (?) It amazes me that here I am at 26 with a busy family, and I pray that the Lord continues to guide me in growth.



Its been a busy two weeks. We had a tea party at my sister-in-laws. Jacob was right in there. For a very boyish boy he's quite excited about tea. Although I think perhaps it was the cookies and treats that went along with it. It was fun, but that morning while trying to get three kids dressed up in their good clothes and get out of the house by 9:30 I didn't think it was such a wonderful idea. Once i had a cup of tea however my thoughts changed:)



Last night I helped a friend move. I left happy, having helped settle a friend and her family into their wonderful new home. Having some road time with another friend and no kids yelling in the back. And...listening to loud banging music, I forgot how fun it was to drive alone. Our van is very familiar with the singing of children's voices and classical music, it was a nice change. As my brain is simply to tired to write any deep and profound thoughts I'll have to leave it at this. Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your birthday. Your kids are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete