Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Two Steps Behind

My parents know me well. A dreary cold, grey week last week and they brought me these tulips. Every spring it amazes me at what signifies spring and how much I long for these things without even realizing. Until I woke every morning and watched these slowly unfold. They are beautiful and yesterday I saw robins pecking at our grass.



I love spring, you can see the world slowly coming out of hibernation. Its beautiful. There's a promise of warmth and of playing at the parks, walking and making it much easier to run errands with the kids. With this comes much more motivation, which I fear is badly needed around here. Signs of a busy home usually include a mountain of laundry waiting to be folded, toys to be picked up and organized, bathrooms to be scrubbed due to toothpaste smeared everywhere (Jacob!). So today is that day, a catch up day.



Kaylin showing Grandpa her baby pictures. My parents dropped of a box of some dresses we wore as kids. They have become apart of a dress-up box.



Maddie's is growing quickly. She is our chubbiest, happiest baby. I no longer feel sorry for younger kids with older siblings. Life is busy and yet we seem to embrace the times of cuddling more with each one. Perhaps because we understand know how quickly they grow. Lack of sleep has become something that we have adjusted to and waking up multiple times doesn't leave me useless.

We have watched much on the news of the grief and destruction in Japan. It has been a reminder of how quickly our lives can change. To spend so much time building up for ourselves to loose everything in moments. Its a reminder to us all to use the time HE has given us to His glory and not our own.

2 comments:

  1. Precious pictures. Glad to know it just gets better with every child:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these thoughts! Isn't it true that the third gets the full joy and love of older siblings, and the cuddles from a mom who knows just how fleeting the time is. Praise God for these little ones, and the promise of spring!

    ReplyDelete