Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Managing the Busy

My mind is full of the things that lay before me for the rest of the week and I swallow down panic before it builds.  Drew and I are heading into our busiest week of the month.  Where it feels like all commitments slam into each-other.  It happens, one week of the month where everything collides.  And its just life.  And all you can do is continue.  Move from one thing to the next, give it your best and leave it behind you.

Time management is becoming crucial in our lives, for the quiet days to be used smartly to prepare for the busy nights.  And during weeks like this I find I miss my husband, I miss the quiet nights of last week when we sipped wine and talked.  It will come back, next week, a night here and there.  And those nights are what make these busy ones work. We're learning to be thankful in everything, in the busy and in the quiet.  For there is a lot to be thankful in the busy weeks.  That we are able to be busy, that we can work together and encourage one another.  That we can watch each-other grow in our church community.  That the quiet nights become so precious.  


And so if I'm quiet on here next week it is simply because I am sipping wine with hubby and recovering from this busy week :)

And here's a favorite recipe.  One that is my fail proof for any event that requires baking, church functions, family functions.  Its easy, full of sugar and can be made into squares or cookies.  Enjoy!

1cup margarine
1cup brown sugar
1cup white sugar (I warned you it was full of sugar:)
1tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2cups oatmeal (I'm pretty sure the oatmeal cancels the sugar?)
2cups flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1cup choc. chips

Beat margarine and sugar(s).  Add vanilla and eggs, beat.  Add oatmeal, beat some more.  Add all remaining ingredients (except choc.chips).  When the flour is mixed through, add choc. chips. 

Spread into a greased 9x13 and bake for 15-20 min (until brown at edges)

or bake into cookies and then bake for 10-12ish min (until brown at edges).  

They are wonderful, quick and the crowds love them.  I don't often bake them for just as as we eat them too quickly :)  But they freeze wonderfully....which is also good.  Considering that frozen baking doesn't deter me....

Until next time,



3 comments:

  1. Praying for an extra measure of strength for you this week! And lots of sips of wine with the husband next :) Thanks for the recipe, too - the girls are extra excited to bake since it's 'our cousins' eat the same thing! Nice pic, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your week goes by with much grace, and plenty of unexpected quiet time with your man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel you, girl! sweets always make busy times a bit easier. may you be met with encouragement as the Lord carries you through this week.

    ReplyDelete