Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thoughts of Thieves

Its been a busy weekend.  In which my house went from being cleaned to being a mess to back to being cleaned.  You see, on Saturday Drew worked and I had a birthday party to go to with all three little ones.


Sometimes I have mornings that are difficult. I had cleaned the kitchen and the hour leading up to departure was a well, hectic. A little girl emptied out my cupboard.  A little boy got his hands on the painting paper and ripped it to shreds.  An older girl needed a snack.  It was such a whirlwind of getting kids ready that slowly my house was torn apart.  Clothes left in piles as Kaylin decided to change and Jacob put on three pairs of socks, the front closet torn apart while I looked frantically for a  shoe.  Then Jacob decided to do his hair himself and pulled out all my hair product.  Finally I just packed the kids up and left.  Putting the mess out of my mind.

Fast forward three hours.  Drew comes home, forgetting his house key.  He goes into the back yard with the intent of climbing through a basement window.  And he stops, the back door is swinging open.  He peers inside and sees torn paper and the contents of cupboards scattered on the tile.  He cautiously enters,  convinced that there are robbers in the house and he slowly moves from room to room.  Its the only explanation for such a disaster, and when he realizes that there are no thieves (computer still there), he wonders what in the world happened?!!

it really WAS that bad...I've been hearing him randomly laughing all weekend.....

...and I came home from a birthday party a bit weary but ready to tackle the mess I had left behind, and I stepped into a tidy house and a glass of wine....I love him, I really really love him.


4 comments:

  1. Haha! That is too funny. My house is always a mess from just Cora....and now of course baby stuff is everywhere/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! so funny!!! girl, my every morning is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard! I can totally picture this (in my house:) So thankful that you married the wonderful man that God brought for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toooooo funny!!! Isn't it ridiculous how quickly such small little things can dishelve a house???

    ReplyDelete