Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Strange Life

I'm going to be short and sweet.  Only 'cause the kids are in bed and the dinner mess is cleaned up, I'm caught up on committee (church) work and I'm exhausted.  I do some babysitting during the week, three days a week I have 5 kids in the house.  Its really going well, my days are organized and we jump from one activity to the next.  They play fantastic and would you believe me if I told you that when you have 3 little ones, two more really doesn't make that much of a difference?  They play great together, and lets face it.  When you do a craft with one or three they still make the same amount of mess;) 

I was smart today, or not.  Once they were picked up I packed up mine and headed to the library, where we found a pile of books and ended up eating eggs for dinner 'cause I lost track of the time.

Wouldn't you know, the kids loved dinner and declared it the "best all week".  Go figure.  It happens that I've discovered you don't need to slave in the kitchen half a day to please little ones.  They prefer it actually if you don't.  Favorite meals for them....pancakes and eggs. 

Back to daycare/babysitting for friends.  Its been a blessing for us, the extra money is wonderful and allows me to send the kids to the dentist without having a heart attack. 


More on that dentist.  Did you know that the one child in this house who is kept away from extra sugar is the one kid in the house with the cavity.  Seriously.  Life is strange.  I believe my jaw dropped open when the dentist quizzed me about feeding my son pop and candies.  I told her he was actually on a very low refined sugar diet.  Meaning no juice, other than water and one half glass of apple cider.  Even his yogurt is plain yogurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon.  And he has a cavity.  

Strange, no? 

Anyways before my writing gets out of hand with the effect of my exhausted state I'm going to say farewell. 


She plays peekaboo.  She also pushed passed me in the babysit on Sunday when I went to pick her up and yelled "Daddy, daaa----ddddd---y, ddddddd-----aaaaa---d-dddddd----yyyy".

Life = strange.....

1 comment:

  1. that is the cutest peek-a-boo face ever!!!

    how cool to be able to make some money on the side! i understand the whole doctor visit thing. our copays give me anxiety. ha! thankful God always provides.

    i think the easier is better lesson from dinner works for many arenas. my kids mostly play with non-toys versus real toys, ya know?! reminds me they need less "stuff" and more imagination. but now i'm on a rabbit trail!

    ReplyDelete