Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Appreciation for Parents


This morning I laid in bed trying to block out the noises of morning, alarm clocks are no problem to me anymore, but a little girl standing by my bed saying "I need to snuggle with you and tell you all about swimming lessons", is a bit harder. And she did, and I understood for the first time of what I may have been like as a child. Non-stop chatting, excited about everything from the moment she wakes to the moment she sleeps, not waiting for answers, not noticing that our eyes are beginning to close again, it continues, I do love it. Althought I could do with it starting a bit later in the day, perhaps after a coffee? To my parents I say thank-you and understand what they meant when they said to me "just wait...until you have a child and you know what we went through". I do Mom and Dad, I really really do!

No comments:

Post a Comment