Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Shutting Down

8:14a.m. both kids are bathed and tucked back in bed. Yep....I said it...they are back in bed. Now it doesn't mean that they will be there long, just that for the moment I can tell myself that these tired children who need more sleep will sleep. They woke up crying, rubbing their eyes. After an hour and half I had enough. I may regret this decision by this afternoon, but sometimes thats what parenting is all about. Making the best choice at that moment and going with it. A morning nap may be just what the doctor ordered. This picture may be fuzzy but you get an idea of the face that greeted me this morning!



On to the weekend. We had a wonderful weekend! Saturday we had a bbq with my family. Always good times, good discussions, good debates. I wish I took pictures but I forgot. I always do. And Sunday was nice. We have a rule, Sunday during the day is busy but at night its our night. The house is usually cleaned the day before just so that I can relax at some point, I sometimes even make dinner the night before to make life a bit easier. We either have people over for coffee in the morning or go somewhere for coffee after the morning church service. After that the house can start collecting the afternoon dust. And on Monday's I tackle it. Its amazing how quickly a house can change a look just by having two adults and two kids running around. Drew and I have decided to do something else on Sundays, power-off. Not because we think its wrong, but simply to give us a break, we choose Sunday because its the only day that we for sure have together with the kids. To have one day a week where we are not checking our e-mails, reviewing minutes or in a panic because we forgot to do something. To keep this day away from the business of life and just enjoy us.



See those delicious looking buns?? Yep...I made them, well not those ones I stole that pictures from the internet. The ones I made got eaten so fast I didn't even take a picture. But I accomplished the task of baking bread from scratch, and spent an afternoon kneading and letting it rise...and it was well worth the effort!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey, you sent me the link to your blog and I immediately checked it out. I am still sitting here, having just read through all your previous posts with a smile on my face. I love your wisdom, your attitude toward life, your determination to be a strong Christian wife, mother and friend. You inspire me. And I LOVE seeing the pics of your kids as well...thanks for starting this blog, it's a whole new insight for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tam! I'm glad you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete