Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Rain

Normally I detest rain, at the same time as trying to be thankful for rain. Spring rain is a bit different for me. You can practically see the grass turning greener by each blink. So I'm deteremined to stay cheerful for the sake of having green grass.....which hopefully will result in no more bald patches in our yard, which will hopefully mean Jacob's pants will stay clean a bit longer. perhaps. That being said it is challenging finding activities for the kids! So this morning we headed off to the library for story time. The kids love it, I love it and we come home happy and in time for naps. Or at least what I thought was going to be naptime. I'm perplexed. Today Kaylin is sleeping and Jacob is not. I scratch my head and try to figure it out, only to realize there's no point. They'll switch it up tomorrow. Somedays I'm convinced they plot against me. To remind me that life is not in what we plan, but in how we cope when the plans don't work. Very difficult for me. But I try. And take pictures of what the little-boy-who-should-be-sleeping is doing instead.

On the brighter side at least he comes and gets me when he's spilled something, and points and jabbers.

Kaylin started swimming last week and LOVED it! Our entire little family went. I waited by the pool until it was her turn. Not sure of what I would be dealing with. Tears? Hesitation? nope. The swimming instructor held out her hand and Kaylin was off, not looking back once. And when she was done and I went in to pick her up she looked at me beaming and said "I did it Mommy, I put my face in the water and EVERYTHING!". For the past days before her lessons she was worried about this, she would mention it when I tucked her in, or at the breakfast table. I told her that if she was scared to tell her to instructor. She over-came her fear and she was so happy. I know this will not always be the case, that at times she'll need more encouragement and it will become bigger fears that she will need to face. But for now, putting her face in the water was a big deal, and I was proud of her! And when I went into her room this morning she had her swimsuit in her little backpack all ready to go. You can learn a lot from these little people!

No comments:

Post a Comment