Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

On the Upward

We seem to be heading up, the flu seems to be a thing of the past, leaving behind a trail of snotty noses and the need for much kleenex. This I can easily handle. Betty White has stopped harrassing my sleep with mountains of file folders and to do lists. Maddie's sleeping better, not great but again...this I can handle. Last night I had my monthly Board of Mission Aid meeting, a meeting that went well and has allowed me a month to get caught up. And Drew informed me that he is picking up dinner on the way home, no room for discussion. To this I easily submit.



At this moment the kids are decorating crowns that we picked up from the dollarstore, they have stickers and "diamonds" scattered over the entire kitchen floor. Lying on their stomachs. Blissfully unaware of the work that is being created for Mom later. In my experience lately good mornings do not always mean good afternoons. So I'm going to enjoy this. Drink my coffee and scold myself for not charging the camera last night.



In the mornings I've started working through the book of Psalms. We picked one to memorize, Ps 8, and so we read it often. Kaylin knows half of verse one and I'm happy with that. Memorizing is difficult for me, unless you put it to rap music....and so I want to spend time doing this with the kids. For them and for me. Its exciting for them to "pick" a psalm they know, to recognize texts when they are being read.

"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory above the Heavens.
From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise
because of your enemies to
silence the foe and the avenger.

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?"
You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.

You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:
all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,
the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the pathers of the seas.

O Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!"


Being a Mom has given me more of an understanding of having a childlike faith. To the kids it is so simple and so pure. God is there for you, He watches over you, He sees when your nice or mean. God can do ANYTHING. Funny how kids so easily accept things that adults struggle to remember.

Whats even funnier is the Bible stories that kids remember. To Jacob every Bible reading is of "Nona and da BOAT", to Kaylin it is "God can even make wine out of milk".

Happy Friday to you all!

1 comment:

  1. They are so precious. I cannot wait to have more even though I know it'll be harder...cause each baby is a blessing. Glad you are getting over your sickness!

    ReplyDelete