Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Firecracker

There is an ongoing battle of wills in our household. He goes by the name Jacob. If you are interested in knowing what it is like to parent a strong willed boy please feel free to borrow him. I promise he will make you laugh, make you want to cry and make you want to pull your hair out. I found grey hair the other day, its has Jacob all over it. He is a ticking time bomb. Tantrums have become common, yelling and screaming is not an "if" its a "when". I can often be found walking out of stores, or away from parks with a 2.5 year old roaring like a lion behind me. But oh how i love him.

And this morning my Mom took care of Maddie, so I could take the other two to the splash pad. And because she could hear his screaming when I dropped Maddie off and saw the tears when I picked Maddie up, she sent me these two pictures. She always takes great pics of the kids.



The Lord has placed these three perfectly in order, He knew the balance that was needed in this family. And I am thankful, thankful that this sweet little girl fits in so perfectly. The Lord has placed in our care three very different children. The road of parenting is proving a tad more difficult than before we actually had kids and we thought we knew everything :) You know, when your talking of kids and noticing how everyone else around you parents. And before these children are born you think you know what you will do and what you will not do. I've learned to be careful in judging. For I am now the Mom with the child screaming and hitting the floor with hands and feet during a routine grocery trip.



But for now, in the midst of the tempers there is a little girl who is quite content to look up at you and smile, and for that I am very thankful.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, girl! I loved having Maddy over...she kept doing that army crawl all over the kitchen floor, and she would look up at me, that blond head surrounded by a froth of pink gingham-a picture I couldn't resist:)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't figure out how she got to be so blond and fair? Thanks again for taking her and the pictures!! and yes...she loves her army crawl....she's all over the house...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, LInds.... how I laughed, and then wanted to hug you! Hang in there during these long, sometimes brutally hard days when it feels like you are repeatedly pushing against a brick wall. I praise God with you as we've been given these little firecrackers who make us more compassionate to other moms, and who bring us to our knees daily! You have three adorable, character-ful little kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. I feel your pain...Cora has begun the whole lets collapsing underneath her and yelling when she doesn't get her way. It's really hard when we are out in public because I don't feel comfortable disciplining her in front of people...

    ReplyDelete