Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

room sharing

i''ve hit the 'when my head hits the pillow I hear nothing stage'. i'm blissfully unaware when I wake up of the interruptions in the night. It would seem that Drew and I are used to this. We don't plan it, it just happens, three babies in a row. For the first half year I'm on wake-up duty, I hear a cry and I spring out of bed for a feed, a diaper change, a rocking session. For the first 5 months Maddie would be up 6-8 times at night. Now she's in bed by 7:00 and sleeps until 6:00ish. Waking up once for a soother. And Drew's the one getting out of bed, and I sleep. This morning I stretched and yawned and commented on how wonderful it was that the kids are sleeping so well. He remained quiet and held up 4 fingers....Jacob twice and Maddie twice. He did that to me once when one of the kids were small, I hit him with a pillow.

Can you believe that this picture is from 5 months ago???



Maddie was this small.



and now she's this big! and she SLEEPS!!!!



and that means I'm feeling energized enough to start thinking of projects to do. Like finally painting the basement and covering the horrid green. But first we're moving the girls into one room and giving Jacob his own. A bit different than the plan 6 months ago in which the younger two would share and Kaylin would have some space to herself. It would seem that we misread these two. Kaylin has no desire for her own room, her space is quite simply at the kitchen table, in the midst of the noise and the bustle of every day life. She crafts there, colours and sings and plays. Completely oblivious to anything around her. Jacob however is miserable and giving us a difficult time. Kaylin was at VBS this week and every morning he went to their room, shut the door and played quietly. Kaylin is excited about having Maddie with her, Jacob doesn't understand yet, and I'm glad that it took me so long to decorate their room!

No comments:

Post a Comment