Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Time

We had a busy weekend, a full weekend. A time to enjoy company and fellowship with friends, a time for kids to run and play. This resulted into a miserable Monday of kids trying to recover from fun, late nights. And now its Thursday. And this morning my Mom joined me and the kids for a walk along the lake, for time to play at the park. Time for just me and the kids and Grandma to spend time together. I'm learning that this is important. That when the self-pity creeps in, its time to stop the cleaning and the day to day mothering and take the kids and just be. To watch the ducks and the boats and the trains. To not just go to the same park but to explore. For self-pity can so easily give a foothold to the Devil. Its easy to wallow, in the endless cleaning, the long days, the weeds that are winning our ongoing battle, there is always something that needs to be done. I'm slowly learning that when the self-pity creep in its time to step back and remember the creation around us that the LORD has made, to enjoy and be thankful. To just be a mom without a million things on the go. And when we came back home the daunting tasks of earlier became more manageable.



The little ones are sleeping deeply. They feel the atmosphere change probably even more than i do. Somehow the complaints and crying seem to grate a little less than they did yesterday.



And next time I will bring my camera. But for now, I have some from a recent bbq.

No comments:

Post a Comment