Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Potty Training and Good Reads

The colds slowly seem to be lifting from our house.  Our weekend was nice, meaning that Drew and I were so stuffed up we couldn't do much but read.  We've been using the library more and the TV less.  I accidentally bought a book on his Kindle.  I was browsing through amazon and was a bit impatient.  Turns out that being impatient made me push the wrong button and it is that easy to buy a book.

It was worth it.

I highly recommend it.  It will be added to my favorite reads (when I get a chance to actually attach that to this blog...someday).  The story of how 3 people lived through the siege of Sarajevo.  Read it...I believe you'll enjoy it.  Or, at best not enjoy it and decide that my coming favorite reads will not be for you:)

We're having a good week, besides the snotty noses.  Jacob is potty trained (at least mostly, he'll have some accidents in the upcoming weeks), but with Jacob once he puts his mind to something and decides he's going to do it, he does.  This was my third attempt with him, and it went quickly.  He had decided that he was ready.  See this little boy, he is very strong willed.  He looked at me this morning and wrinkled his nose "see...i needs big boy underpants now...cause it works".  And, in Jacob style, this week has been good, he obviously has decided that this week will be one of few tempers and more sharing.  And I'm going to take it.  And soak it up, for next week can be quite different.  Soak up the last two mornings that have gone well.


Soak up the fact that my grocery bill just got a bit cheaper 'cause there's only one baby on diapers.  And she's cloth diapered half the time, so really we're only buying diapers for half a baby.


And cause my head's still a bit fuzzy from this cold that's all I got today:)

Have a good weekend all!



3 comments:

  1. glad you've only got half a baby to worry about now ;) xo Good to hear that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he's potty trained! Cannot wait for that day:) He sure is cute even if he's your hard one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog today. I appreciate your encouragement and your prayers. I keep learning and relearning how God is faithful to his people; providing for us in the way he deems best.

    Way to go with the potty training. My youngest is 17 months and I keep being reminded that potty training will be coming up again before I know it. I both dread and love it. :)

    ReplyDelete