Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Yes to chocolate pudding!

A friend on facebook posted awhile ago a chocolate pudding recipe. Made with avocado's, honey and coconut oil. A thing of beauty and healthy goodness.


Well....


The kids weren't so sure about it. After all, its NOT full of sugar. But they kept trying...


Jacob kept sneaking little licks and shaking his head and saying "I dunnoo....i just dunnoo".


And after a few tries Kaylin decided that she did like it.  I enjoyed it the next day. The first day I couldn't get past the blender full of avocado. More to do with the fact that a couple of weeks ago Maddie had a rather bad reaction to avocado (or banana's we're not sure).  And I can't help but view avocado as something terrible and evil after that.  But we're slowly getting over that......

Heres the recipe!

Chocolate Pudding
2 Ripe Avocados (peel and cube)
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of cocoa
2 TBSP coconut oil

You mix in a blender (a bit tricky cause its thick, it would be easier in a magic bullet)  And because all I have is a blender at one point I needed to add a dash of milk to help it mix.

Enjoy!

And on the home front, the colds have passed and we're a happy family once again! Phew!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. As awesome as this sounds to me...I don't know about Cora. It's like she has a sixth sense for anything healthy and promptly rejects it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how kids just know:) Kaylin did like it when it was chilled, I actually liked it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little Jacob... I'm just picturing him shaking his head, murmuring to himself. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete