Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

And as wonderful as Monday was, Tuesday was 5 times worse.  Horrid Tuesday.  I wanted to sent out resumes and find a job outside of the home horrible.  Screaming and doors slamming and feet stomping.  Awful.  I wanted to change my name and leave my children with a stranger horrible.  I wanted to sell my house with my kids still in it awful.  That kinda day.  

As with all days there was good times to be had, but snatches of awful are what stick in my mind.  In all honesty Maddie and the little boy I babysit (once a week) were wonderfully wonderful.  It was really just my oldest two.  And my nephew for the time I had him, he was really good. 

Sigh...

These awful days, they are apart of being home with little ones, they are apart of everyone's life.  They don't not happen just because you're home or because you work.  And you get through it and the next day is new.  Fresh.  And the two that caused all that horror woke up with no remembrance of the trauma they put on their mother.  They have behaved today and have played well.  The younger two are napping well.  Kaylin is at a playdate and Jacob has been wonderful.  And today I feel like I know what I'm doing and yesterday, well I felt like i was ruining them, one by one.  And that Maddie was sweet still only cause she hasn't been around long enough for me to ruin her.

And today is good.  And today is what I need to remember.  That those awful days are apart of mothering and there WILL be more like that. Probably many more.  And cause I don't want to think of the terrible yesterday I'm only going to think of today and share with you a yummy muffin recipe.  Not healthy (unless you can convince yourself that the pumpkin eliminates the sugar...I can).


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 2/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1TBSL pumpkin pie spice (or just apple spice)
1tsp baking soda
1/4tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup margarine (melted)
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  In a medium bowl stir together dry ingredients, set aside.  In a small bowl beat together eggs, pumpkin and margarine.  Stir in choc. chips. Add to dry mixture and stir until just moistened.  Pour into greased muffin tin and bake for 15-18 min or until muffin tops spring back when touched.  Makes a dozen muffins (I always double the recipe so I can use a whole can of pumpkin and freeze half....they freeze great)....oh and you can add pecans, just brown them for a bout 5 min in the oven and add them with the choc. chips.

A disclaimer....if you know where I live and I post on a Monday that I'm going to be baking muffins later  do NOT show up after 9:00 thinking they are done and ready to be eaten...(ahem...Mom:)...it means I will be baking them LATER.....you can show up the next day to eat one:)

2 comments:

  1. I called my mom Tuesday and asked "Did you ever have those days where you wished we would evaporate?" So I totally get how you were feeling. Isn't baking therapeutic in the fall? I think it's all the good smells, good recipes...combined with cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed, and then sympathized with you. Funny, eh, how those wonderful, "hey, I think we're getting this" days are quickly followed by dashed hopes and the reality of sinful kids and parents, and a dependence on God :) Love you guys, and maybe this will be a good week.

    ReplyDelete