Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolutions....say what??

And 2012 started similar to 2011.  With sickness and little sleep.  Drew is recovering from a bout of pneumonia or bronchitis, a chest x-ray this morning will determine which.  Thankfully the first round of antibiotics does seem to be working, although this is something that he has been fighting for awhile. The business of life had us ignoring the symptoms and writing them off as "too busy, too stressed, it will pass".  We're learning the hard way that this just makes things worse.  Maddie was sick, with what we're not sure, we'll leave it at there has been very little sleep in our house over the past two weeks and last night was better.  And this morning she is napping.  HALLELUJAH!


No resolutions over here.  Making promises to accomplish something from one year to the next doesn't work for me, not at this stage.  I have goals, but they are not in a time frame.  Spending more time in daily devotions, in living the WORD, in repentance is constant.  I struggle with finding the time, with making it a priority, but to me this is something that always needs improvement.


I may try to drink less coffee, but a week of sleepless nights will put a stop to that pretty quickly.  To lose weight I'm learning is also constant in this stage of babies and toddlers.  I'm learning that contentment in life is found in HIM and not by my goals and resolutions that are made and then broken. Joy is not in the promises you make to yourself but in the promises we have been given.


And 2011 was a difficult year for us.  A year of adjusting to life as a family of 5.  Of juggling marriage and family, of sharing my husband as he carried out his duties as a deacon.  And yet, I look back and see how we have grown.  We have celebrated new life, we have mourned those who have been called home.  I have cried much this past year, hormones which seem to take longer and longer to get back to normal with the birth of each child.

And now 2012 is here.  A year that will be filled with different challenges and different joys then 2011.    

My prayer for this year is from the words of Ps 91:17 "May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us, yes, establish the work of our hands."









1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to all of you...I hope it is a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete