Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

My newest niece!

This weekend we welcomed our newest niece (cousin) into our family.  My brother and his wife had a beautiful daughter over the weekend, Mikaela Casey.  She is named after my uncle who passed away last year and I know that when we heard her middle name it was a bit emotional for all of us.


My younger sister (who is about to have her second any day now!) and I were able to meet this little one in the hospital on Saturday. Today the kids were able to meet her.


The miracle of life never ceases to amaze me.  My mind turns to Ps 139 every time I hold a newborn, and I feel so completely and richly blessed. 

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Nathan! what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way about babies and new life! It's so great that your kids have cousins close in age!

    ReplyDelete