Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Schedules and Pigtails

We have done the school thing now for a month, and finally this week I feel it slowly sliding into place, the new norm.  A bit rough, an adjustment in schedules.  After a rather tearful episode on my part to Drew that sounded somewhat like, "ahhhh I can't keep up with anything!  My laundry is piling up, I have memory work that has to be done and my garden is full of weeds, AGAIN" and him reminding me to let it go, ride with it and simply wait until the schedule comes together, "because" he told me "you don't DO without a schedule and it just needs to be there, and it will be there, just wait for it to come together on its own." Sometimes he infuriates me with the simplistic truth, to allow some time to adjust.

Its true, I am a scheduler.  Busy days and full agenda's I can deal with, if they are neatly placed in boxes and figured out.  Busy days and a full agenda without any good structure and I start to fall apart. My husband is (thankfully) quite opposite of me, he has a gift of just working with it, letting things come together on their own.  I like to figure out exactly how a new change is going to effect the family and has me needing it to be perfect right away.  A schedule that works before its been put together.

My biggest challenge with this whole mothering thing is just as you figure it out, you think you have an idea and a balance of how days work and how tempers flow it changes.  Suddenly a yellow bus causes havoc, you have two kids fighting to be in charge of games, chores and coloring books.  And your laundry pile becomes a gigantic pile, one that has somehow become home to numerous toys and shoes that have gone missing.  Courtesy of the little blonde girl who has a love of finding things and hiding them.

And last night I spent some time looking through my "final days of summer" photos.  It was therapeutic.


I'm ready for fall and the pumpkin muffins that come with the season, but seriously what is cuter than a onesie and big brother's rain boots?




And pigtails.  Little girl pig tails melt me.  Every-single-time.


Big sister jumped of that yellow school bus yesterday with huge smiles and a "hey Mom, its kinda neat!".  And Maddie, she claps and shouts "yaaa Kay, yaaa!!!" every time she gets off.




And boys and dump trucks, they have the same effect on me as little girls and pigtails.  

11 comments:

  1. Your babies are precious! I used to not be a schedule person at all but since having children that has had to change:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! :-)
    I love Maddie's pigtails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It was good! And it's good to be back again I guess
      Didn't have time to think about that at all.
      Life is way to busy again, but fun!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to September! I've been struggling with getting into schedule, as well, because last September's schedule won't fit, and everything has kicked into high gear! And Drew is absolutely right... suddenly, the schedule starts working, and we're in October, and things are starting to breathe again. Love those pigtails, grins and dump trucks! Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and to imagine you doing your schedule plus homeschooling plus a newborn! I'm praying for you!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that the bus ride is less intimidating for Kaylin! I too feel like I am finally getting into a routine ... it took awhile. Take each day as it comes. If the laundry needs to wait another day, let it! Any room in your schedule for a visit? I don't mind being put neatly into a box :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so true... as much structure as we have, we have to roll with the punches. motherhood is so good at preparing us for life! ; ) love the pigtails, indeed. and dump trucks too. it's so fun having both around!

    ReplyDelete