Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Flowers and Rainy Days

Last week was March break. I took my first break from teaching piano since Sept and had a wonderful time with the kids. As much as I love piano I think we all needed a week with no interruptions. The sun was warm and beautiful, we enjoyed walks and parks, played on our deck, made me feel more blessed that we were able to move off a busy street into a wonderful neighborhood. This week it rains. And its cold. Sometimes its hard to find activities for the kids when the weather is not nice. I get grumpy and drink too much coffee. As I stared out my window this morning Kaylin reminded me that "God makes rain too right Mommy". Amazing what children remind you of! and so we set off to make some crafts. And a rainy morning becomes a wonderful morning. Kaylin's favorite masterpiece from today.





And I have a morning at home to appreciate my flowers. My parents dropped of the first bunch of flowers on Saturday afternoon. A dear friend brought me some tulips that night. My home is starting to feel a bit more like spring, and my mind is racing with plans for a garden. Vegetable garden? rose bushes? I get to start fresh at our new place. And I'm excited!




No comments:

Post a Comment