Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Ups and Downs

Friday was a terrible-horrible-no-good-very bad day. As Anne of Green Gables would say "a JONAH day"..althought I can't imagine that my day was as bad as being swallowed up by a fish. When the alarm clock went off bright and early I woke up to the sounds of wailing, a good indication on what the day would be like. By 10 I was sitting cross-legged on the floor with a child on each knee both wailing. My day in a nutshell. Smart Lindsey...when the kids finally went down for nap/quiet time I decided to embark on the adventure of making bread. What better way to get rid of your frustrations than pounding on a ball of dough? The problem was I have inherited a bread machine from my Grandma, its rather old and I couldn't find the instructions for it. Who needs instructions, you just mix the bread and put it in, right? The mixing was rather easy, I then plopped it in the machine and pushed some buttens. An hour later I realized that the machine wasn't working. So I took the dough out and started to pound it with my hands. I then put it in stove to rise. Three hours later no rising had happened. So I baked it. and it came out like hockey pucks, even the dog wouldn't touch them, and so I called Drew to bring home fresh buns from the store. On a good day it I would have chalked it up for experience, on a bad day not so much.

Thank-fully we had an adult night with some friends and it was lovely. A glass of wine with a lot of laughter was exactly what I needed. The next morning I helped out at our chuches Easter VBS program. I was asked to teach the kids the song "Up from the Grave He arose", it was fun. The Lord knew it was exactly what I needed. Another plus was that my parents took care of the kids for me and it was nice to get out of the house and help out. And I learned a couple of things this weekend. On a bad day don't start something new, just complete the things that need to be done, and be involved in church activities. Drew and I are busy, we grumble to each other about things we have agreed to help out with but never once have we come home from a church event and grumbled. We often feel ashamed at our selfish thoughts leading up the "event". We always come home feeling refreshed and alive. With more energy then we started with. And we're reminded that our lives are the Lord's, not ours. On that note I am going to bake bread this week....and it will be rise and be good. If it doesn't I will go to the bakery and buy fresh bread...until mine decides to rise. If not then at least Kaylin will have had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment